By Scott W. Ambler
* Describes Agile Modeling pushed layout (AMDD) and Test-Driven layout (TDD) techniques, database refactoring, database encapsulation options, and instruments that help evolutionary thoughts* Agile software program builders frequently use item and relational database (RDB) know-how jointly and for this reason needs to conquer the impedance mismatch* the writer covers suggestions for mapping items to RDBs and for enforcing concurrency keep watch over, referential integrity, shared enterprise common sense, safeguard entry regulate, reviews, and XML* An agile origin describes primary talents that each one agile software program builders require, relatively Agile DBAs* comprises item modeling, UML info modeling, information normalization, category normalization, and the way to house legacy databases* Scott W. Ambler is writer of Agile Modeling (0471202827), a contributing editor with software program improvement (www.sdmagazine.com), and a featured speaker at software program meetings world wide
Read or Download Agile Database Techniques: Effective Strategies for the Agile Software Developer (Wiley Application Development) PDF
Similar databases books
Operating with information and databases in C# definitely may be daunting if you’re coming from VB6, VBA, or entry. With this hands-on consultant, you’ll shorten the training curve significantly as you grasp having access to, including, updating, and deleting facts with C#—basic talents you wish when you intend to software with this language.
DB2 common Database (DB2 UDB) has lengthy been recognized for its know-how management. This IBM Redbook is an informative consultant that describes easy methods to migrate the database procedure from Oracle to DB2 UDB model eight. 1 on AIX, Linux, and the Microsoft home windows platform. This consultant provides the easiest practices in migration technique and making plans, migration instruments, and functional migration examples.
No matter if you're utilizing FileMaker three with third-party helper purposes similar to Tango, Lasso, or internet FM, or FileMaker four with its built-in internet publishing gains, this ebook is designed that will help you get your database on-line speedy and successfully. Maria Langer publications you step by step in the course of the a number of methods of connecting your FileMaker database to the area broad internet or company intranet.
For any Microsoft place of work person accustomed to observe, Excel, PowerPoint, entry, or Outlook, this ebook presents tutorials at the instruments and methods that automate those courses for elevated productiveness. every one lesson contains directions and a downloadable dossier on which to check the VBA macros and techniques supplied.
- Oracle Provider for OLE DB Developer's Guide (Part No. A90171-01) (Release 9.0.1)
- PowerPivot for Advanced Reporting and Dashboards
- FileMaker Pro 13: The Missing Manual
- Using the Oracle Oradebug Utility: Debugging Oracle Applications (Oracle In-Focus Series)
- Professional Access 2013 Programming
- Mastering phpMyAdmin 2.11 for Effective MySQL Management: Increase your MySQL productivity and control by discovering the real power of phpMyAdmin 2.11
Additional info for Agile Database Techniques: Effective Strategies for the Agile Software Developer (Wiley Application Development)
6: Stereotypes for Modeling Keys STEREOTYPE <
This is because the goals for each diagram are different — you can use an LDM to explore domain concepts with your stakeholders and the PDM to define your database design. 2 a simple PDM, both modeling the concept of customers and addresses as well as the relationship between them. 4. The LDM depicts the two business entities, in this case Customer and Address, their logical attributes, and the relationship between the two entities. Notice how implementation details are not shown. The PDM shows greater detail than the LDM, including an associative table required to implement the association as well as the keys needed to maintain the relationships.
IEmployee3, like IEmployee1, is dependent on a single column, in this case Social_Security_Number. Tip Don’t model indices. The existence of an index is implied by the fact that you have indicated the primary key column(s) and any alternate key columns — in relational databases keys are implemented via indices. By also modeling the indices you unnecessarily clutter your diagrams. 4: Stereotypes for Classes STEREOTYPE DIAGRAM CORE TYPE NOTATIO APPLICATION N <