By Bernard Liengme
Completely up to date advisor for college students, scientists and engineers who are looking to use Microsoft Excel 2013 to its complete capability. digital spreadsheet research has turn into a part of the typical paintings of researchers in all components of engineering and technological know-how. Microsoft Excel, because the regular spreadsheet, has a number of medical services that may be applied for the modeling, research and presentation of quantitative information. this article offers a simple advisor to utilizing those features of Microsoft Excel, guiding the reader from simple rules via to extra complex parts akin to formulae, charts, curve-fitting, equation fixing, integration, macros, statistical features, and proposing quantitative data.
- Content written particularly for the necessities of technology and engineering scholars and execs operating with Microsoft Excel, introduced totally brand new with the hot Microsoft place of work liberate of Excel 2013.
- Features of Excel 2013 are illustrated via a large choice of examples established in technical contexts, demonstrating using this system for research and presentation of experimental effects.
New to this edition:
- The behind the curtain is brought (a new place of work 2013 feature); the entire ‘external’ operations like retailer, Print and so on. are actually in a single place
- The bankruptcy on charting is completely revised and up to date – Excel 2013 differs tremendously from prior versions
- Includes many new end-of-chapter difficulties
- Most chapters were edited to enhance readability
Read or Download A Guide to Microsoft Excel 2013 for Scientists and Engineers PDF
Similar data processing books
This booklet makes a speciality of speech processing within the presence of low-bit price coding and ranging heritage environments. The tools offered within the e-book make the most the speech occasions that are powerful in noisy environments. actual estimation of those an important occasions might be valuable for engaging in a number of speech initiatives comparable to speech reputation, speaker attractiveness and speech fee amendment in cellular environments.
The paintings and technological know-how of reading marketplace examine proof deals an entire account of ways brand new researchers interpret proof and use it on determination making. David Smith and Jonathan Fletcher exhibit tips on how to verify your present decoding procedures, and current an leading edge framework integrating quantitative and qualitative methods for analysing advanced data-sets.
This elevated and up-to-date variation of "Practical firm software program improvement Techniques" encompasses a new bankruptcy and is the reason what makes firm scale software program improvement assorted from different improvement endeavors. bankruptcy four has been increased with extra insurance of code evaluation, computer virus tracker structures and agile software program purposes.
Electronic pcs have revolutionized computation and remodeled how desktops are used to regulate structures in actual existence, giving start to real-time structures. moreover, substantial advancements within the communications area have made it attainable for real-time platforms to accomplish coordinated activities over conversation interfaces, leading to the evolution of disbursed real-time structures.
- Statistical Methods for Speech Recognition (Language, Speech, and Communication)
- Instinctive Computing
- Learn Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 1st Edition
- Convergence Analysis of Recurrent Neural Networks (Network Theory and Applications)
- The InfoSec Handbook: An Introduction to Information Security
Additional resources for A Guide to Microsoft Excel 2013 for Scientists and Engineers
Oh dear! A round-off error gives a slightly incorrect answer. Moral: Unless you are working with integers, never test to see if one number is exactly equal to some other value. Never use ¼A20¼B20 to see if the values computed by two methods give the same result. We can allow for round-off error by using formulas such as ¼ROUND(ABS(A20-B20), 10)¼0 or ¼ABS(A20-B20)<1E-10 to see if the absolute difference in the two results expressed to 10 digits is 0 or not. The ROUND and ABS functions are explored in Chapter 4.
But 5A2+A3+A4 will give a #VALUE! error. 3 function based on what you type, but it is not very intelligent. The categories box allows you to filter the list of functions to just one category or to a list of recently used functions. In the next exercise, we see how to use the dialog to create a formula containing a function. 4. 5. His objective is to compute the weighted average of the results so he needs to calculate: X Vi Â ni V¼ X ni In the course of this exercise and the next one, we shall compute this value in several ways: a.
14. You wish to restrict the values that may be typed into cell B2 to integers in the range 10 to 100, inclusive. Experiment with Data / Data Tools / Data Validation to get this condition. Write a paragraph telling others how to do this. 33 H I J 1 1 1 − = v u f 38 CHAPTER 2 Basic Operations 15. You wish to select all the cells in a worksheet so that you can change the font. Use Help to find two ways to do this. Write a short paragraph telling others how to do this. Remember to explain what is meant by current range.